101 Things In 1001 Days
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching, (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: Saturday, March 29, 2008
End Date: Saturday, December 25, 2010
I started this when I was younger, in 2008, then stopped updating my website. I have changed a couple of the goals around to fit who I am today :)
1. Get engaged.
3. Move out of my house again.
4. Get accepted into an Alternative School.
5. Receive $5000 in scholarships.
6. Get 3 800s on SAT IIs.
7. Apply to at least 6 colleges.
8. Brush my teeth before bed every night for 31 days straight
Get promoted to swing manager
10. Get a raise.
11. Get a job that pays $8+.
12. Earn at least $10,000 in a year working for Pre Paid Legal
13. Earn $1000 from my website.
14. Participate in a piano performance.
15. Get typing speed up to 100 wpm
16. Join a choir.
17. Lose 35 pounds
. Start Weight: 236 [0/35]
18. Go to the gym 3 days in a week.
19. Swim at the gym 3 days in a week.
20. Get new glasses.
21. Learn basic Spanish, again.
22. Read 30 books in 2010.
23. Watch 150 movies in 2010
24. Complete a Sudoku puzzlebook.
25. Complete a WordSearch puzzlebook.
26. Learn the DVORAK keyboard.
27. Read 101 Wikipedia articles. [5/101]
28. Get approved at Smorty
29. Get a PayPal account.
30. Take a ROAD TRIP.
31. Learn how to drive a stick shift.
32. Buy a car
33. Trade my car in for a new one once I pay it off.
34. Stand outside and watch a thunderstorm.
35. Get my tongue pierced.
36. Play xBox Live and place in the top 1000 Guitar Hero players.
37. Buy myself an iPhone.
38. Buy myself a new laptop.
39. Buy myself a piece of white gold jewelry.
40. Have a bonfire to get rid of the past.
41. Complete 100 Snapshots
42. Complete Project: 365
43. See 10 sunrises. [0/10]
44. See 10 sunsets. [0/10]
45. Get my learner's permit.
46. Learn to parallel park.
47. Get my driver's license
48. Get my eyebrows waxed/threaded.
49. Watch all 3 seasons of House
50. Get my teeth whitened.
51. Photograph a cemetary.
52. Buy myself a digital camera.
53. Go to a pro basketball game.
54. Go rock-climbing.
55. Get a tattoo.
56. Get professional pictures taken. [Glamour Shots]
57. Get a flat screen/plasma TV to mount on the mall for my bedroom.
58. Visit my grandmother's grave in West Virginia again.
59. Get a necklace made with my grandmother's ashes.
60. Take a trip, anywhere, with my dad.
61. Learn divination.
62. Go driving with my mom.
63. Beat Kingdom Hearts II.
64. Get acrillyc nails.
65. Maintain a tan for a year.
66. Kiss someone [not family] under mistletoe.
67. Go to King's Island again.
68. Develope flat, toned abs.
69. Tone my whole body.
70. Start doing ceremics again with my dad.
71. Frame 3 great photos that I take, and hang them in the house somewhere. [0/3]
72. Audition for American Idol.
73. Learn to ride a crotch rocket.
74. Do 50 crunches a night for 1 month. [0/31]
75. Pass my SATs with flying colors
76. Sort out computer files
77. Learn the the 50 states and their cities
78. Wake up at 9am every morning for a week.
79. Take a vacation.
80. Lose my virginity.
81. Go horseback riding.
82. Open an Etsy
shop, with something in it.
83. Make my bed every day for a week. [0/7]
84. Backup all of the files on my laptop computer.
85. Take 10 different pictures of 10 different things at work. [0/10]
86. Spend a whole day in a coffee shop drinking coffee and working on something on my laptop, or reading a book.
87. See a performance at The Morris Performing Arts Center again.
88. Collect 25 different shot glasses
89. Collect 25 different bottles of liquor
90. Stop using my inhaler
91. Get promoted to Director with Pre Paid Legal.
92. Get my hair colored again.
93. Get my lip pierced.
94. Study 15 different religions/cultures. [0/15]
95. Write a note, put it in a bottle, and release it into Lake Michigan.
96. Have a first date with Chris.
97. Take swing dance classes.
98. Buy a full size digital piano/keyboard with a pitch bender.
99. Be a bridesmaid in a wedding.
100. Learn to read super fast.
101. Donate $10 to Riley Children's Hospital for every task not completed.